Thanks for subscribing! Please check your email for further instructions.
by Nancy Thomas
After a two-year pandemic hiatus, plans are underway for the 2022 Taste of Rhode Island, a unique celebration of local food, drink and entertainment, to be held Thursday, October 20, 2022 from 6:00-9:00pm at Crowne Plaza, Warwick, Rhode Island. The popular event brings together a dazzling selection of culinary delights from top area restaurants, food producers and wine, beer and spirit companies coupled with live entertainment, culinary demonstrations from notable local chefs and Taste of Rhode Island Foodie Awards.
“It is wonderful to see an event supporting our local food and beverage industry, one which brings the community together.” says Susan Rowles of Williams and Stuart Real Estate. “Every year they do a fantastic job creating awareness for not only Rhode Island’s local restaurants and venues but also MAE Organization, a non-profit charity that supports Rhode Island’s homeless community. Williams & Stuart Real Estate is a locally-owned agency operated since 2009, we are not a franchise.The company’s mission statement is executed with experience-driven finesse – standing tall in a society that’s forced to accept inferior customer service as technology slowly replaces human connection.With over 90 agents and 5 offices statewide, we are more than just our pretty white, blue & yellow signs rooted in your community’s soil. We are your neighbors and live, eat and drink in many of the establishments that are participating this year. Williams and Stuart believe in giving back, and it is with great pleasure that we are a Lead Local Sponsor of Taste of Rhode Island.” said Rowles.
Other Taste of Rhode Island sponsors include – BJ’s Market and Dunkin’ Brands. Media Partners include: RINewsToday, Rhode Island Monthly, Providence\Warwick Visitors Convention Bureau, 92 ProFM Radio, HOT106, News Talk 630, LITE 105, 790AM, Rhody Foody and others.
· Over 50 local food and drink businesses including; Chapel Grille, Safari Room at Ocean Cliff, Arooga’s, Whalers, Mill’s Tavern, Dunkin Donuts, Bodega on Smith, Legal Seafoods, 13 Stars Hot Sauce, Bully Boy DIstillers, Cakes by Eboni, Howies, Fisher’s Lemonade, The Local, Iggy’s Boardwalk, Industrious Sprit Co, So Co Vedge, Shaidzon Beer Company, Pop on the Block, Solitro’s Bakery, BJ’s Market, The Donut Shack, Wormtown Brewery, Back40, LineSider Brewing, Twelve Guns Brewing, Layali, Andrea’s and, Dig In Dining venues that include Huck’s Filling Station, Thirsty Beaver, Park Place Cafe and Newport Lemonade. (Additions added daily. List subject to change)
· Entertainment of Big Luxe Violin sets the stage as guests arrive. Big Luxe is recognized across five continents as an innovative, sensational talent. On the main stage back by popular demand, Dr. Slick – a favorite Lil Rhody cover band will get everyone moving with hits from the late 90’s to today and everything in between.
· Ask anyone in Rhode Island to quote Frank Terranova, and they’ll say, “Now THAT’S Cooking with Class!”; Frank will be providing a live cooking demonstration, along with well-known bartender extraordinaire, Ryan Draine of Dig In Dining, who will showcase some of his award winning beverage creations.
· Local Celebrity and ticket holders will be voting for their favorite tastings of the evening. 2022 Taste of Rhode Island Foodie Awards will be presented on the Main Stage.
· Guests have an opportunity to win fabulous items at the Charity Raffle Pavilion benefiting MAE Organization for the Homeless non-profit that helps combat mental illness, provides distribution of hot meals, clothing, and toiletries, coordinates detox needs, transition clients from the streets to housing and helps with job placement here in Rhode Island.
· Optional Complimentary Valet Parking provided by United Parking and Valet.
There is no cost for food and beverage businesses who are providing ‘tasting samples’ to guests and each participant is promoted to our over 100,000 social media followers. After the event closes to the public at 9pm, staff and volunteers who are working the event are able to experience the unique tastes presented by their fellow food artisans, dance and mingle. To be considered as an exhibitor, businesses may register online at tasteofri.com.
If you’re a local or visiting foodie, you won’t find a more delicious and fun culinary experience but get tickets early as this event frequently sells out. Early bird tickets are $40 for General Admission and $65 for VIP are available online, with prices increasing monthly leading up to the event. VIP purchasers are allowed a maximum of 4 TICKETS PER TRANSACTION. All ticket sales are FINAL, there will be NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES. Parking is Free. Event is Rain or Shine. Tickets may be purchased now at tasteofri.com.
Stay tuned to RINewsToday for special updates – we are proud to be a sponsor of 2022 Taste of Rhode Island!