Thanks for subscribing! Please check your email for further instructions.
by Michael Morse, contributing writer
There comes a time in every child’s life when a choice must be made; believe in magic or not. Santa Claus is likely the first, but far from the last time the question will be asked of them.
It is my firm belief that the truth must be told, always. So I always tell it.
Top Five Reasons to Tell Kids the Truth About Santa
5. What is most essential is invisible to the eye.
4. Believing in something that cannot be seen, heard or felt is quite gratifying
3. The sooner a person knows the truth about magic and infinite possibility the sooner they can begin to make their way in a difficult world
2. Adults are willing, able and capable of providing ample fun, mystery and silliness
And the number 1 reason to tell the kids the truth about Santa?
1. Some things you just have to believe in.
Michael Morse spent 23 years as a firefighter/EMT with the Providence Fire Department before retiring in 2013 as Captain, Rescue Co. 5. He is an author of several books, most offering fellow firefighter/EMTs and the general population alike a poignant glimpse into one person’s journey through life, work and hope for the future. He is a Warwick resident.