Thanks for subscribing! Please check your email for further instructions.
by Kevin Kearns, contributing writer
It’s challenging for all of us to stay in tip top shape. As a wellness transformation coach for over 37 years, working with some of Boston’s most elite CEOs can be even tougher. For the self-employed CEO it can be downright impossible.
A colleague I worked with went from over 235 lbs. to 189 lbs. and a 34” waist in 9 months.
How did he do it?
1. roll down onto a stability ball with a dumbbell in one hand
2. press your hips up in the air so they are parallel with your shoulders
3. with the dumbbell at the side of your shoulder, press the dumbbell up
1. grab suspension unit with both hands. lean back on your heels until your arms are fully extended
2. next, pull your whole body towards the suspension unit so your hands meet your rib cage
3. lower down and repeat
1. stand in an upright position with the dumbbells at your sides
2. as you lunge forward raise the dumbbells to shoulder level at your sides
3. step back and repeat on the other leg
2. squat down as low as you can comfortably with the dumbbells at your sides
3. as you come out of the squat, curl the dumbbells up and then press them overhead
1. lie on a bosu in a prone plank position with your elbows on the bosu
2. next, press off your one hand, then the other hand, as you come up to a push up position on top of the bosu
Here’s a 10 Minute Burn With Kearns Blast circuit
Jump rope 1 minute
stability push-ups, 40 seconds
med ball twists, 40 seconds
stair master, 1 minute
dumbbell rows, 40 seconds
med ball wood chops, 40 seconds
Jump Rope 1 minute
Dumbbell upper cuts, 40 seconds
Bosu sprawls, 1 minute
Now, Rome was not built on just training alone. You also have to eat correctly and effectively. For instance, I’ve been known to order my favorite lunch which can surprise some people. I’ll have egg whites, veggies, no toast, and green tea at 1 pm. Some people will think that it’s odd to have eggs for lunch. I say, “Why Not?”
Food is food, no matter what time of the day it is. Your body does not know the difference between eggs for breakfast, or eggs for dinner. You want to feed it the right food all the time. If you’re on the road a lot, like me, it can be challenging trying to find the right food at the right times. So, here are some specific steps to follow.
On “off days” you can do your favorite exercise, like Muay Thai pads for 3 minutes on and one minute off, while using a fitness trampoline for active recovery, or cardio days with intervals on the treadmill at the following pace.
2 minutes running
1 minute walking
total time 40 minutes
So, if my colleague can lose 40 lbs at less than 9 months, what is your excuse?
To read all Burn with Kearns articles in RINewsToday, click below:
Coach Kevin Kearns, BS FMS CPT
BurnWithKearns.com – Direct: 508 404 8503
Both of Coach Kearns’ books may be purchased on www.Amazon.com. For more information about Coach Kevin Kearns, including scheduling speaking engagements and classes (both online and in person), please contact him at 508-404-8503 or Kevin@burnwithkearns.com.
Author of “There’s Light In The Tunnel” How to Survive and Thrive with Depression – “Always Picked Last“ A guide to navigating bullies on Amazon and Audible
Coach Kevin Kearns has been coaching in the world of fitness, nutrition, and tactical self defense for over 3 decades. As the former conditioning coach to 15 UFC Pro Fighters, and ranked in the Top 5 in the UFC , he is no stranger to the the importance of proper nutrition and proper mindset programming. He has long advocated to all his clients – athletes or the general population – about the importance of programming mind, body and spirit.
Coach Kevin Kearns BS FMS CPT – Former conditioning coach to 15 UFC Pros Ranked in Top 5 by the UFC Personal Fitness Coach, Author, Columnist, Motivational Speaker, Corporate Wellness Consultant, Youth Wellness Program Provider, Certification Specialist, Personal Self Defense, and Law Enforcement Defensive Tactics Specialist Www.BurnWithKearns.com